me.poetic
When I Saw You Last
As you leaned towards me
Time stood still in anticipation
My heart became neither heavier nor lighter
But I was suddenly aware of its presence
Passionately pounding a primal beat
Deep from within my entire being
Needing a mere brush across my cheek from your lips
To make life worth living
As you walked away
My heartbeat slowed to keep in time with each footstep
As the rhythm that is us
Became a beautiful song that only I could feel
But never wanted to end.
mystic vibrations
Copyright ©2004 me.poetic
Silly as it may seem, this is a poem that I wrote for a former lover...as it turns out things didn't work out..It did mark an important time in our relationship though...
As you leaned towards me
Time stood still in anticipation
My heart became neither heavier nor lighter
But I was suddenly aware of its presence
Passionately pounding a primal beat
Deep from within my entire being
Needing a mere brush across my cheek from your lips
To make life worth living
As you walked away
My heartbeat slowed to keep in time with each footstep
As the rhythm that is us
Became a beautiful song that only I could feel
But never wanted to end.
mystic vibrations
Copyright ©2004 me.poetic
Silly as it may seem, this is a poem that I wrote for a former lover...as it turns out things didn't work out..It did mark an important time in our relationship though...

